At MARK STEPHEN we take the security of your data very seriously
This policy together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you.
Information We May Collect About You
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to our stores, Site, Apps and social media pages . We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
The information you give to us can include your name, contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address), enquiry details, your opinion of our products and services and certain marketing preferences. There are some circumstances where we need the information (pursuant to our contract with you), for example, where you have placed an order with us, we need to know where to deliver your order and to be able to take payment from you. If you don’t provide us with this information we may not be able to provide our services to you or be able to interact with you in the way you would expect.
Information that we collect about you – in store, online, by phone, email.
- your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address, social media handle);
- your date of birth;
- any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our stores or when using our Site, Apps or social media pages;
- details of your orders and purchases;
- your marketing preferences;
- the opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and product reviews;
- information you provide when completing a Tax Free Shopping Form;
- any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
- details of any transactions between you and us;
- information you give us when you contact us with a query or issue;
We do not record your telephone calls to Head Office or to the stores.
We occassionally "mailshot" offers to our customers but there is always an automatic "unsubscribe" link .
IP Adressess and Cookies
When you visit our Site or use our Apps we automatically collect:
- the frequency of your voucher and discount downloads;
- the internet protocol (IP) address of your device and details regarding the type of device and browser software you use to access the Site;
- details of your use of our Site and Apps, namely traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our Site and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
- the date and time you used our Site;
- the pages you visited on our Site and how long you visited us for;
- your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this);
- the website address from which you accessed our website;
- details regarding when and how you consented to receive marketing communications from us (including the date you provided your consent);
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy. You will only receive unsolicited email and SMS marketing communications from us if: (a) we have obtained your details in the course of a sale or negotiation for a sale of our products or Party Plan services and you have not objected to receiving such direct email and SMS marketing from us. Of course, we will only send you marketing emails and SMS messages that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us and you will always have the opportunity to opt out at any time; or (b) if you have consented to receiving marketing email and SMS messages from us (you can opt-out of receiving them at any time). We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
1. Where you have provided CONSENT
To contact you via email or SMS (as you have indicated) with marketing information about our products, events, product launches, exciting offers and services (see Marketing for further details).
2. Where necessary to comply with our LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
- to keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information;
- to take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law;
- to handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
- to notify you of any product recall issues.
Disclosure of your personal information by us
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our Site, Apps and social media pages.Our Suppliers can be categorised as follows:
Advertising, PR, digital and creative agencies
- Advertising, PR, digital and creative agencies
- Cloud software system providers, including database, email and document management providers
- Competition data capture providers
- Delivery and mailing services providers
- Insurers and insurance brokers
- Legal, security and other professional advisers and consultants
- Market and customer research providers
- Service Providers for email marketing campaigns
- Social media platforms
- Website and App developers
- Website and data analytics platform providers
- Website hosting services providers
Security and links to other websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our Site, Apps and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
Credit Card payments & Billing information:
We utilise industry-standard 256 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information such as your name, address and other sensitive information like your credit card details.
This technology includes the following features:
Authentication: this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure.
Encryption: this encodes the data, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
Data Integrity: this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything possible to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we are at fault.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: When creating a password, we recommend use at least 8 character with a combination of letters and numbers. We recommend you frequently change your password – you can do this by going to “Sign In” and clicking “Personal Information”.
Keep your passwords private. Remember, anyone who knows your password may access your account. Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts. We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from annsummers.com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
MARK STEPHEN does not process your credit card payments in-house. Instead you will be directed to the secure SHOPIFYPAYMENTS website to actually pay.
SHOPIFYPAYMENTS will advise us when a successful payment transaction has been carried out .MARK STEPHEN cannot see nor do we store your payment card details.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights, some of which may only apply in certain circumstances.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the details at the end of this policy.
- TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CORRECTED IF IT IS INACURATE
- TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- TO RESTRICT PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ERASED
- TO REQUESTE ACESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE PROCESS IT
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our Site and/or by contacting you by email. We recommend you regularly check this page for changes and review this policy each time you visit our Site.